Welcome to the Parkwood Media Center
Parkwood's Media Center serves as the heart of our school.
Our most important goals are to support the academic curriculum, to teach information literacy, and to foster a love of reading.
Check us out on social media
Help Your Child Become a Better Reader
Questions to ask your child while reading fiction text:
· Who is the main character?
· What was the setting?
· What was the problem in the story and how was it solved?
· What do you predict will happen next in the story?
· Why do you think the author chose the title for the story?
· Do you like the title of the story? Why or why not?
· Can you think of a different title for the story?
· Which character from the story would you choose to be your friend? Why?
· What part of the story was the most exciting? Why?
· Did you like the end? Why or why not?
Questions to ask your child while reading nonfiction text:
· What is the main idea of the text?
· What did you learn from reading the text?
· Are there any words that you do not know what they mean?
· What are some new words that you learned?
· Do you have any questions after reading this?
· Were there any important features (charts, diagrams, pictures) that were important?
· Where could you find more information about this topic?
· Did you like this text? Why or why not?