Melissa CastlePhone: (478) 929-7822
Questions to ask your child while reading fiction text:
· Who is the main character?
· What was the setting?
· What was the problem in the story and how was it solved?
· What do you predict will happen next in the story?
· Why do you think the author chose the title for the story?
· Do you like the title of the story? Why or why not?
· Can you think of a different title for the story?
· Which character from the story would you choose to be your friend? Why?
· What part of the story was the most exciting? Why?
· Did you like the end? Why or why not?
Questions to ask your child while reading nonfiction text:
· What is the main idea of the text?
· What did you learn from reading the text?
· Are there any words that you do not know what they mean?
· What are some new words that you learned?
· Do you have any questions after reading this?
· Were there any important features (charts, diagrams, pictures) that were important?
· Where could you find more information about this topic?
· Did you like this text? Why or why not?